Thursday, February 6, 2014

Embroidery from Game of Thrones

Okay, I have not been doing much for the last month except torturing myself trying to take sharp pictures of resin pendants with the only camera I own, a slim little digital point-and-shoot. This setting, that setting, outside, inside, downstairs, upstairs, in my lady's chamber...

Sorry, got a little carried away there. I've got a couple of friends who understand photography and I've begged them for help, but it's difficult because they speak Photography. I'd understand them better if they spoke Swahili and that's not a figure of speech, it's the literal truth. Anyway, looks as if a slightly more sophisticated camera may be in my future.

The last few days I've been thinking that I don't want to make any more resin pendants if I can't find some way to photograph and sell them, and isn't it about time to get back to playing with fiber, maybe a small embroidery....Then a friend sent me a link to Michele Carragher's website. and there went the afternoon, drooling over her incredibly rich work - and yes, she does the embroidery for Game of Thrones. Now I want to encourage everyone I know to waste their own time looking at all the pictures on this incredible website. By the way, the home page has a link to a page called "How I Create an Embroidery." Don't miss it. And be sure to scroll down until you get to the jeweled bugs.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for link...so wonderful to see this process! Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative . I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your pictures . And I'm so happy your class and time in NY went so well!! Your work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm.. I am reached here by searching for calibration details of embroidery machines... think it is right place for it and this site should be an encyclopedia for the embroidery business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have guessed the darkest was the coffee. Crazy natural (unexpected) outcomes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are doing this! Ain't technology wonderful . And while you are at it, I have a number of Savoyard scrapbooks in the basement...(smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Embroidery enthusiasts seeking to replicate intricate designs, like those from Game of Thrones, can benefit from modern digitizing services. Utilizing a logo digitizer online streamlines the process, allowing for precise translation of images into embroidery patterns. This technology ensures accuracy and detail, bringing intricate designs to life with ease and efficiency

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Blogger TricksAll Blogger TricksLatest Tips and Tricks